MACCMIA - software for multivariate image analysis
- MACCMIA is a software package that has been developed at MACC to illustrate the concept of MIA (Multivariate Image Analysis). It is a result of graduate student research and the implementation of results found in the MIA literature.
- Package contents
- The package comprises of a user-friendly MATLAB interface that directs the user through the process of analysing their image using multivariate statistics (principal component analysis, PCA). A manual is supplied reviewing the basic concepts of multivariate statistics and illustrating a step-by-step tutorial-type example on a four-channel image. The software package also includes several other "test" images for the user to gain an understanding of MIA.
- Further work
- We welcome any collaboration with interested people in applying MIA to your process, please contact Dr. John MacGregor.
- MACCMIA is now freely available. The software only requires MATLAB 6.1 (or better); it does not require the image processing toolbox since the software does not perform "traditional" image processing operations. MACCMIA runs in both Linux and Windows.
- Release history
- Version 1.0 was released in October 2002,
Version 1.1 in March 2004,
Version 1.2 in August 2004,
Version 1.6 in November 2005,
Version 1.7 in June 2006,
Version 1.8 in November 2006
Version 1.81 in March 2007
Version 1.90 in October 2010: also supports 64-bit Windows. 64-bit Mac and 32-bit Linux
Version 2.10 in December 2016: supports Matlab R2016.
Download MACCMIA v2.10 [6.1 Mb]
Download MACCMIA v1.90 [6.3 Mb]
Read the manual and tutorial PDF to understand what multivariate image analysis is about.